FreeHand is back, at least on my MacBook Pro with Maverick

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
llaporte

Re: FreeHand is back, at least on my MacBook Pro with Maveri

Post by llaporte »

I just joined this forum today. Hello everyone! I am going to finally make the jump and switch from 10.6.8 to Yosemite. I purchased the Snow Leopard Server last night for $19.99. Now do I buy a Mac Mini to put the server on it? Buy the Parallels version 10? I don't think I have enough ram on my imac to run both systems (4GB). Most of my files are in Freehand format so it is imperative this all goes smooth and I don't mind paying the costs involved to make it work. Any help will be very much appreciated as I need to move forward and will wait until I hear back from someone.
Thanks!
llaporte

Post by llaporte »

UPDATE: Just spoke with Apple today. This will all indeed work according to them. Since it is a server will be able to access Freehand on all of my computers if it all works. Purchased my Mac Mini with updated ram and a superdrive. Will keep everyone posted as soon as it all arrives and I do the big move.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Hi, llaporte... welcome. Yes, keep us up-to-date! So far most posts here are using FreeHand in virtual apps like Parallels, Fusion , and VirtualBox.

I'd be interested in knowing how fluid it is to work with FreeHand off the networked Mini.

—Mark